EQUIPMENT LOAN - Overview
Educational Technology Services (ETS) supports circulating technology equipment (see inventory) at no charge to College of Education faculty, which may be used for instruction or special events that can be checked out and utilized on campus. Members of the COE (faculty, staff, and graduate students with approval, only) have the option to reserve equipment with advanced notice. Equipment reservations are subject to availability and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
Confirmed equipment may be picked up by the faculty member or designee and returned to Benjamin room 0234 during office hours. You also have the option to have the desired equipment delivered upon request (Cole Student Activities Building or Benjamin Building only).
Getting equipment is a two step procedure.
- The first is to reserve the equipment.
- The second is to pick-up or arrange delivery of the equipment.
To ensure that the Technology Desk has the flexibility to provide this service, we ask that you use the following guidelines when placing a reservation request:
- Please allow at least 1 week in advance before making the request. This gives us ample time to verify its availability and resolve any conflict issues that may arise.
- If the equipment you requested is to be picked up, please do so within two (2) hours of the desired requested time. If we have another request for the same equipment within this time, ETS may cancel the original request.
- If you know that you will not need to use the equipment, please contact us immediately so that we may cancel your request. This will allow us to make the equipment available to other patrons.
- It is critical that you return the equipment to us by the promised date and time. If you cannot do so, please must make every reasonable effort to contact the Technology Desk as soon as possible. If the held items are available, the loan period may be extended. Failure to return equipment on time when needed by another patron is detrimental to both the operation of ETS and the college at large.